Short facts about the Glacier guiding on the Tystigbreen glacier
• Season: July – August
- Departures at Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Duration of the trip: approximately 5-‐6 hours
- Price: NOK 970 per person, included all the required equipment and the transport with the chair lift (15% Group discount: NOK 825 per person (minimum 4 persons)
- Difficulty level: Medium
- Meeting point: By the parking place of the Stryn summer skiing resort at 09:30 AM.
- Bookings must be made in advance to Briksdal Adventure: Tlf. +47 57 11 80 70/+47 918 44 474 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting point by the parking place of the Stryn summer skiing resort at 09:30 AM. We get ready for the trip, before we depart the parking place around 10:00 AM and take a seat in the chairlift. The lift takes us up through dramatic scenery, and for each minute the view gets increasingly breathtaking. As we reach the glacier we gear up with crampons/snowshoes, harness, ice axe/hiking poles and ropes. Please note that there can still be snow up there, even in the middle of the summer. We might be walking on glacier ice, or winter snow, the nature is in charge on this, not us. The walk up to the glacier front takes us about an hour in average, and it includes about 250 altitude meters on a slightly challenging path, so you should be used to walking to join this trip. The walking on the glacier lasts about 2-‐3 hours. We’ll be exploring the ice in a safe manner. The condition on the ice may be blue ice, or ice with snow on the surface (this depends on the amount of snow we get in the winter). The guide shares local knowledge with you, as well as basic geology/ glaciology. The peak of the trip is the lunchtime, that we have by the glacier. In every direction, there’s something spectacular to see, such as the Mt. Lodalskaapa (2083 masl), Lake Oppstryn all the way down at 28 masl and the plateau of the Jostedalsbreen glacier (the largest glacier on mainland Europa) 1650 meters above sea level. Few people can say that they’ve had lunch by a glacier, surrounded by breathtaking views. Would you like to be one of them? The walk back down towards the chair lift should take us about 45 minutes, and we’ll probably be by the parking place at around 4:00 PM. We recommend that you bring: • Packed lunch (we usually have 30 minutes’ lunch on the glacier)
• Energy/additional snacks (chocolate, nuts, etc. is always a good thing to have in the pockets)
• Drinks (bottled water)
• Camera is recommended, but at your own risk. Bring a small waterproof bag/purse if needed.
• Suitable clothing according to the weather (water and windproof clothing is always good to have in Norway)
• Sunglasses and a hat/cap/beanie
• Mountain boots (we also have shoes for rent) • Gloves (we have gloves for guests that forgot their own gloves)
We accept booking request of less than 5 persons, and will send a confirmation email when we receive more than 5 bookings for the specific day. You must book in advance to ensure that you have a place in the rope team. We focus on a stress-‐free day, where we truly enjoy the magnificent Norwegian scenery! Online booking: https://briksdaladventure.rezdy.com/207713/glacier-‐guiding-‐in-‐stryn
Experience the glacial landscape and the glacier!
Even if you have no desire to climb a glacier, you should take a short walk to admire one of Norway’s most handsome glacier arms. It is difficult to judge which glacier is the most beautiful, as they are all so different and situated in different landscapes with different histories. So you may want to take the time to visit more than one glacier. Kjenndalsbreen is the most accessible glacier.
Please observe the stop signs at the end of the path – it is not safe to go closer to the glacier.
Kjenndal glacier about 15-20 minutes to walk. More info about Kjenndal: Kjenndal info
Bødal glacier, about 40 minutt to walk . Read more about the trip to Bødalglacier: Bødal info
Briksdal glacier, about 40 minutes to walk. For more information read here: Briksdal Info
Ask for more information in the reception at Sande Camping.